The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist serves as the initial contact and main point of field contact between the Community Health Centers (CHC's) and current and potential members. The position also performs varied health insurance enrollment related duties including responding to requests for information; generating interest in enrollment through outreach, application assistance, follow-up, and documentation of activities. This position will spearhead outreach activities to educate community and partners of avaialble services and resources. In addition, this position will support grant and non-grant related activities as they relate to increasing access, utilization, comp;iance and retention of current ad potential patients and related task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Two to four years of customer service experience and understanding of the basic principles of managed care and the concepts of publicly financed health insurance such as Medicaid and CHIP programs.
· Current licensed healthcare navigator preferred.
· Valid Georgia driver license required.
· Must be competent in Microsoft software applications.
· Excellent communication (telephone, email or in person), organizational and customer service skills.
· Excellent phone etiquette.
· Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to speak effectively in front of large audiences.
· Basic mathematical skills.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.